When dealing with water supply and sanitation issues in Lahore, the Water and Sanitation Agency (WASA) is here to assist you. To ensure that customers can easily lodge a complaint with WASA, WASA has set up dedicated complaint centers.
In this comprehensive guide, we will categorize the types of complaints, describe the documentation requirements, provide contact details, and offer important precautionary measures.
Lodge a complaint with WASA Details
Complaints That Don’t Require Documentation
Some complaints can be addressed promptly at WASA’s Customer Service Centers within revenue divisions without the need for written applications. These include:
- Duplicate Bills
- One-term Surcharge Adjustment
- Billing History
- Other Billing Information
Complaints That Require Documentation
For the following complaints, written submissions, along with a copy of your CNIC (Computerized National Identity Card) and all necessary supporting documents, are required at the respective revenue division offices:
- Disconnection on Request
- Domestic to Commercial
- Domestic to Charitable
- Domestic to Construction
- Duplicate Billing
- Excess Reading
- Installation of Meter
- Installation of Test Meter
- No Sewer at Site
- Property Locked
- Wrong Reading
- Without Reading
- Division of Bill on Actual Reading
- Revision of Average as per Area
- Adjustment of Wrong Debit
- Adjustment of Wrong Payment
- Correction of Address
- Confirmation of Payment
- Construction to Domestic
- Construction to Commercial
- Commercial to Domestic
- Conversion to Meter Account
- Change of Name
- Change of Tariff
- Adjustment of More Than One Surcharge
- Adjustment of Un-Meter Payment Account on Conversion
- Adjustment of Security
- Adjustment of Meter Cost
- Bill Not Issued/Not Received Regularly
- Correction of Bill
- Correction of Area
- Correction of Property Number
Contacting Complaint Centers:
You can reach our complaint centers 24/7 through the following numbers:
- 1334 – Central Complaint Center
- (042) 99268439
- WASA Lahore Head Office, Gulberg II, Lahore
For further assistance, you can contact the sub-divisional offices.
WASA Precautionary Measures
WASA advises its consumers to exercise caution and follow these important guidelines:
- WASA Staff Payments: The WASA staff is not authorized to accept cash payments on behalf of consumers. Therefore, WASA will not be responsible for any claims related to cash payments made to WASA employees.
- Cash Payments Caution: Be cautious of individuals who may fraudulently collect cash payments under the pretext of meter changes. Avoid making cash payments to unauthorized persons.
- Meter Change Identification: When a dead meter needs changing, ensure that the field staff member, authorized to make the change, has the signed application form submitted at the WASA office. Verify their identity before allowing the meter change.
- Unauthorized Water Connection: The installation of an unauthorized water connection without sanction is a serious offense and may lead to legal proceedings.
- Property Purchase and Rent: Before purchasing a property, verify that no water utility bill arrears are outstanding. If you’re renting, ensure that all utility bills, including water and sewer, are up-to-date.
- Retrieve Bills Online: In case of a misplaced or delayed bill, you can easily retrieve it online. Follow the provided link to obtain your duplicate bill.
Lodging a complaint with WASA Lahore is made easier through this guide. By categorizing complaints, specifying documentation requirements, providing contact details, and offering precautionary measures, WASA aims to enhance customer satisfaction and ensure a seamless experience for all consumers. Your cooperation and vigilance are crucial in maintaining the integrity of Lahore’s water supply and sanitation services.