Securing a new water connection in Lahore is a straightforward process, ensuring a steady supply of this vital resource to your property. In this guide, we’ll walk you through the essential steps, required documents, and types of connections available through the Water and Sanitation Agency (WASA) in Lahore.
اگر آپ لاہور میں رہتے ہیں اور پانی کا نیا کنکشن لگوانا چاہتے ہیں تو نیچے دئیے گئےطریقہ کار کو فالو کریں اور تمام ضروری کاغذات اپلیکیشن فارم کے ساتھ لگائیں۔
WASA Lahore New Water Connection Steps
Step 1: Fill Out the Application Form
To initiate the process of obtaining a new water connection, you must complete the New Connection Form. It’s crucial to provide accurate information and attach the necessary documents in their respective spaces. The required documents include:
Required Documents for New Water Connection
- CNIC (Attested Photocopy): Your National Identity Card must be photocopied and attested.
- Attested Photocopy of Sale Deed/Proof of Ownership: Proof of ownership is essential, and the sale deed must be attested.
- Copy of the Assessment from the Excise and Taxation Department: Specify the department’s name instead of using abbreviations.
- Site Plan: A site plan must be submitted to indicate your property’s location.
Step 2: Choose the Type of Connection
WASA Lahore offers various types of connections, including:
- Domestic Connection (Metered)
- Commercial Connection (Metered)
- Industrial Connection (Metered)
- Charitable Connection
Select the type of connection that suits your needs and property.
Step 3: Initiate the New Connection Process
Contact the Sub Divisional Officer’s office within your area to initiate the process. The Sub Divisional Clerk will provide you with the New Water Connection Form after you submit your application. This form also includes the connection agreement between you and WASA.
Step 4: Site Verification and Arrears Report
The Sub Divisional Officer will perform a site verification and arrears report. Afterward, the form will be sent to the relevant Revenue Division for data computerization and the issuance of a demand notice/challan.
Step 5: Payment of Security
The Deputy Director Revenue, upon data entry, will return the new connection form along with a security challan. Once the security is paid, the SDO will order the installation of the new water connection and return the form, indicating the installation date, along with the security-paid challan for billing purposes. An estimated advance bill for six months is included in the challan and will be adjusted in your monthly bills.
Tips for Water Conservation
Water conservation is crucial in any household or business. Here are some tips to help you use water more efficiently:
- Fix any water leaks promptly to prevent wastage.
- Install water-saving appliances and fixtures.
- Collect rainwater for non-potable uses like watering plants.
- Use a broom instead of a hose to clean driveways and sidewalks.
- Be mindful of your water usage during daily activities.
Excessive water use can lead to fines imposed by the Lahore High Court. For residential properties, fines of Rs. 5,000 may be imposed, and for car wash service centers, the fine can be Rs. 10,000. It’s crucial to use water as sparingly as possible.
Additional Services and Frequently Asked Question
Paying Your Water Bill
You can conveniently pay your water bills at the cash counters of the following banks and institutions:
- NADRA Kiosk Center
- GPOs (General Post Offices)
- ABL: Allied Bank Limited
- Bank of Punjab
- Bank Alfalah Limited
- Bank Al Habib Limited
- Dawood Islamic Bank
- Zarai Taraqiati Bank Limited
Partial Payment of Dues:
WASA Lahore accepts part payments of water and sewerage bills upon revised assessment. Property owners must send an appeal to the related Revenue Office to initiate this process.
In case of a defective meter, send a written application to the concerned Revenue Office, along with a paid challan for meter testing. The testing charges depend on the meter’s size. If found defective, WASA will install a new meter, with the cost borne by the consumer.
Changing the Consumer Name on the Water Bill:
To change the consumer’s name on the water bill, you must submit the following documents:
- Attested photocopy of the sale deed in favor of the applicant.
- Attested photocopy of the CNIC.
- Photocopy of the last paid bill.
- If the sale deed involves multiple parties, provide an attested affidavit from the others in favor of the applicant along with their CNIC copies. If the property has involved three parties since water connection installation, include a third sale deed copy; otherwise, obtain an affidavit from the applicant as an undertaking in the best interest of WASA.
Obtaining a new water connection in Lahore is a streamlined process when you follow these steps and adhere to water conservation practices. It ensures a sustainable and efficient water supply for your property while also promoting responsible water usage.